Wednesday, February 11, 2009

the office, day three

I have subbed in the office for the past three days. I am not sure about tomorrow...my friend, the secretary, still did not sound too well when I talked with her this morning. She said she was going to try to go in but who knows...to be honest, I like subbing in the office....even with all the vomit, diarrhea and temperature taking. I think I took about 15 temps today! The big complaint today was headaches and tummy aches.
The principal gave me a compliment, too. He said that he was glad it was me subbing. I suppose if you get a sub in who doesn't know how things run, he may end up doing most of the secretary's job, too.
I do the best I can, stay cheerful and hope for the best.
(I did have a parent pretty much call me a liar today. Her child was ill, I called home= no answer. I then moved onto the next number in line...her cell. It went to voice mail. I left a message that I was trying to reach her and was then going to call the dad. Long story, when she came in to retrieve her child, she wasn't nice and in a very round about way, accused me of NOT calling her home or cell first.)

No comments: