Thursday, January 22, 2009

busy busy

I have subbed the last two days and will again tomorrow. I am subbing for our physical education/reading teacher. I love phys ed...I actually have an expired teaching certificate in the subject. I am currently working on renewing but need to take some grad classes to accomplish this.
I recently sprained my knee and being on my feet for so long is tiring. In addition to being on my feet, our school has stairs. The stairs are what are killing me.
I had three phys ed classes yesterday and two today. Today I had THE class. Off task, not listening, etc. I sub only in this building and have even done a long term sub for this teacher so I know the rules, discipline, etc. And the kids know it. I gave one student about six verbal warnings...I finally had to put him in the time out box.
In all honesty, I don't even want to write about school. I am hoping tomorrow will be a better day and then I can reflect on it over the weekend.
Everyone should know that the job of the substitute demands flexibility and sometimes more gratitude than it receives.

No comments: